Sacred & Profane: Priest Erotic Romance
an anthology mixing the taboo of sex with the holiness of religion
Limits: One story per author
Pairing/Sexuality/Gender Identity: Any
Word Count: 3,000 – 6,500
Deadline: 22 October 2016
Editor: Torrance Sené
Taboo speaks to each of us in a myriad of ways, but for this anthology I’m looking for your sexiest, most sensual stories of priests stepping outside their vows, pastors weaving their beliefs into seductions (or being seduced!), nuns, parishioners, etc. No one is safe from supposed immorality. After all, isn’t God’s greatest gift love?
Do you like the blasphemous dance of sex and religion? The dangerous edge of eroticism contained within submission to something beyond oneself? The juxtaposition of holy and sensual? Do sexy men or women in priest collars get you hot and bothered? How about the vision of a rosary between breasts or against a bare chest? Does the thought of sinning turn you on? Then I encourage you to submit a story!
Anything is game—within the usual limits (see below)—just make it hot, and give me strong characters and plot. Only submit stories that have a defining opening and closing, and are self-contained; no excerpts of larger scenes. Also, please don’t send in smut for the sake of smut. I would like there to be a story there. I want more of an erotic romance angle than straight-up erotica.
I will accept paranormal-themed stories (demons, fallen angels, succubi, etc), but I do have a very strong preference for non-paranormal for this anthology. Anything supernatural will have to be amazing to really catch my eye. BDSM elements are welcomed, as well as stories without them. I’m not looking for sweeter pieces, but those that drip sensuality and eroticism.
For inspiration, think… Florence + The Machine’s “Bedroom Hymns,” Madonna’s “Like a Prayer,” William Control’s “I Am Your Jesus,” Ellie Goulding’s “Ritual,” Depeche Mode’s “Sacred,” Blaqk Audio’s “Faith Healer,” or Hozier’s “Take Me To Church” to get a feel for the vibe I’m after. See my longer playlist here.
- Format in 12pt black Times New Roman, double-spaced.
- Only submit polished/edited work. Have a few sets of eyes read your work before submitting.
- Stories under 3,000 or above 6,500 will not be accepted. No exceptions made.
- Send your submission to email@example.com with the title of story in the subject line. Attach your story in a Word document (.doc / .docx) and include a brief bio and word count in the BODY of your e-mail.
- Please include your name in the document file as well. Example: Undone_TorranceSene.docx
- If you are using a pseudonym, please make it clear which name you wish to be credited as.
- Unpublished work only. No reprints.
- No pedophilia, rape/coercion, golden showers, necrophilia, bestiality, and/or scat.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail Torrance at firstname.lastname@example.org
View all submission information and guidelines on our submissions page.